Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Current Workings

So, I've been rather busy recently with some old friends of mine. And by old I mean the reasons behind the Twin Flames series. Yeah, right? I agree! *laugh* You see, Nickolai and Tarrinaysa are the bane of my writing existence these days. One day they are willing to work with me and other days...well, not so much. I've pretty much learned to leave them alone until they start clamoring for my attention. When that happens I start jotting things down and eventually hammer out a couple of chapters or even just a scene or two that will eventually make their way into whatever book they belong too. *grin*

Anywho...The past week it seems they have wanted my FULL attention. By that I mean, they want me to work on their modern storyline and not the past. In other words, they demanded I pay my writers' creativity to Immortal Choice. Um...that was a shocker, because for the most part, neither one of them are willing to take that final plunge that will bind their souls together forever. However, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth -mind you, I don't think I'd actually look in a horse's mouth, but I am a city girl after all :)- so if that's where I'm supposed to be working, that's where you'll find me. Hip deep inside the minds of my immortals, praying each step of the way they won't leave me hanging like they tend to do...and often I might add! *groan* I am one step closer to closing the distance between those two deities I created and made so blasted stubborn I want to strangle them. *sigh* What does that say about me as the creator? Yeah, I know, I have problems. People who know me personally say the same thing. Did I ever mention a friend suggested I go to counseling for Tarrinaysa and Nickolai? Yep, sure did. I thought she meant them, nope. She actually meant I should pay someone to listen to me rant about the characters I fashioned. What does that tell you about my friends? *snicker* But I still love them dearly. All of them.

Back to what I was saying before I wandered off track...Immortal Choice is now 31 pages longer! *snoopy dance* I couldn't believe it when I finally stopped early yesterday morning (we're talking 4 am, btw). I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I realized how many words I'd added. It was AWESOME!! Talk about giddy with happiness. I was bouncing with excitement. And today I spent rereading what I jotted down and contemplated sending it off to my Beast to read through. But decided I'd wait to see if I would add more. *smile*

Have I ever told you about my Beast? No? Okay, well, he's a wonder. Yes, my Beast is a he. He keeps my thoughts in line and reminds me when I have ran into something that needs to be fixed. More often then not he's my worse critic. Well...outside myself that is. *smirk* I can tear my work apart in a mean way. But anyway, I don't do anything with my work until Beast (I'll just call him Beast, cause it's more...idk...fitting, don't you agree? *snicker* He's also a prankster and joker, so if not that it would have to be one of them) has thoroughly gone through each page and word. Once he's given me the go ahead, then I send it off to my sister-in-law who happens to be a dragon. No, seriously, she is. You should see her when she's pissed! Damn! I swear she breathed fire and singed my eyebrows. Seriously. I have a Beast and Dragon making sure my manuscripts are coherent. I could even add I have the Prince of Darkness popping in every now and again too. *snicker* Yeah, I didn't think you'd believe that either.

Back to my Dragon...she a beaut. I don't know what I'd do without her honestly. Between our chats and phone calls we do actually get some work done. Although I think we work faster when we're chatting on-line. I've wandered again, sorry. *smile* She takes a gander at whatever I've sent her and either gives me a thumbs up or a slap upside the head. But I still love her, cause without those slaps, I think I'd have lost what little common sense I still have. Truly, I'll take the slap to the head over the boot in the ass. That one hurts, cause she uses shit kickers with steel toes every time. *chuckle* It's not a pretty sight once she'd done. I will say this though, she keeps my head screwed on straight and moving forward.

Since I've jumped around I think that means I need to stop while I'm ahead before I really lose ya'll and end up on some other topic all together. Maybe I'll share a snippet of what I'm working on? Still thinking on that one. *grin* Have a great week!

~Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment